The Dangers of Faulty Wiring and What You Need to Do to Fix the Issue

Did you know that a single faulty cable can result in a spark that can set a whole building on fire? Because of this danger, it is imperative that you know the signs of faulty wiring and what needs to be done if this condition is found. When you are informed, you can protect yourself, your family, or anyone who may use the home or building.

The Electrocution Risk

That fact is that a single faulty wire in your home or building can to lead to electrocution. The faulty wire can appear unsuspicious, especially if it is in an outlet, hooked to a light switch, or in a number of other locations and when the electric power source is used, the possibility of harm is great.

The Risk of a Fire

In addition to the risk of a faulty wire causing electrocution, it has also been known to cause fire.  An electric fire can be devastating and result in the loss of life, or even the complete destruction of your home or business.

Signs of Faulty Wiring

Some of the most obvious signs that there may be faulty wiring in your home or building include:

  • Small shocks when turning on a switch or using an outlet
  • A burning smell
  • Discolored, charred, or buzzing switches or outlets
  • Flickering or dimming lights
  • Fuses and breakers that seem to go out constantly

If you notice any of these signs, then it may be an indication that you are dealing with faulty wiring.

What to Do if You Have Faulty Wiring? 

If you are dealing with a faulty wiring issue, then you need to take action. Ignoring the problem will only lead it to becoming worse and potentially causing serious damage and injuries. It is best to contact a professional electrician to help with this dangerous situation.  If you want your current or prospective home inspected for faulty wiring and other issues, call Ark Home Inspection today at 330-696-4032.  

, , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply